There are lots of great reasons to renovate your kitchen. New kitchens improve quality of life for your family. A new kitchen makes preparing meals, cooking and dining so much more enjoyable. A new kitchen allows you to make a unique and distinctive design statement. A new kitchen increases the value of your home and provides multiple years of delight and fond memories.
When’s the right time to renovate? Your kitchen may tell you. Consider the following signs of an aging kitchen:
- The appliance repair technician reads your oven its last rights.
- More than one cabinet or drawer does not close evenly or properly.
- Cabinet door hinges wobble.
- You are a two cook family with a one cook-sized kitchen.
- You have a microwave/oven combination.
- You have knobs on your appliances.
- Countertops, grout and flooring never come as clean as you would like regardless of the amount of attention that is paid to them.
- Because of limited space, your need to store every day cooking equipment in other rooms of your house.
- You don’t have the right configuration to entertain the way you would like.
- Your backsplash does not extend more than 8 inches above the counter or reach the base of cabinets.
- Your cabinets have exposed hinges.
- You kitchen uses over and under cabinet fluorescent lighting.
- The only lighting is recessed cans.
- Your countertops are made from commonly specified granite that has become a commodity.
- Your blind kitchen corner cabinet is a thief, stealing canned goods, lids and equipment.
- Your kitchen shows wear and tear or visible signs of water damage from past leaks.
- Your countertops and floors are cracked or peeling.
- Finishes on your cabinet knobs and faucets are dull.
- The bottom of your sink looks like a three-year-old painted it.
- You have a hard time finding what you need when you need it.
Your kitchen may be telling you it’s time for a makeover. The extent and investment required will depend on your goals. If you are looking to buy a new home, you may find it difficult to sell your existing home at the price that you want and may need if your kitchen is does not scream welcome. Many of our clients partner with us to create the kitchen of their dreams with their available resources. It’s not always easy, but we take the extra steps to minimize disruption and create new spaces that you make you smile every time you cross the threshold. If your kitchen is asking to be transformed into a bright, inviting new space, we invite you to contact Howard’s Kitchen Studio for a consultation!